You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Ventura Mail toolbar bug

Hey guys, I have the issue that the Apple Mail App on my M1 Air isn't customizable. It is possible to reorganize the icons but the window with the new ones is missing.

Do you get that too? And is there a solution for that?

Thanks a lot!

Posted on Feb 26, 2023 10:24 AM

7 replies

Feb 26, 2023 12:09 PM in response to 16andrew5

16andrew5 wrote:

Hey guys, I have the issue that the Apple Mail App on my M1 Air isn't customizable. It is possible to reorganize the icons but the window with the new ones is missing.

Do you get that too? And is there a solution for that?

Thanks a lot!

What window(?) with what new ones?

Move the pointer to the right side of any of the sections, to reveal the carrot...click for the content dropdown—if that is your issue(?)

spin the left side carrot for itemized content

Or Control click any mailbox for options...

or use the + sign to add mailboxes....(?)

ref Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Toolbar bug ?

Mail>View>Customize Toolbar

Feb 26, 2023 12:49 PM in response to 16andrew5

16andrew5 wrote:

Thank you!

But the thing is that if you go there (customize toolbar) the window that usually shows up is missing.

Seems odd...

the alternatives Control click in the tool bar area itself— there is second or two delay before it pops into view.

If no isight or resolve—

try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies.

Login in and launch mail and try from there. Reboot as normal and compare your results.

Feb 26, 2023 1:21 PM in response to 16andrew5

16andrew5 wrote:

So I tried that - didn't work
Tried save mode - still nothing

Then I created a new "test" user and in that case it shows up as usual. Is there something to learn from it?

Maybe just do a full reset and start new?

Yes — something is amiss your admin/user account.

You can reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS for a fresh copy of the baked in Mail.app

How to reinstall macOS — How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Mac OS Ventura Mail toolbar bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.