You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every primary click becomes a secondary click after using Universal Control

After controlling iPad from MacBook Air, every primary click becomes a secondary click. It's very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is Apple aware of this issue?

This happens after clicking on any place on the iPad using the cursor from Mac. Just moving the cursor into the iPad screen doesn't cause this. Putting Mac to sleep is my temporary cure, but I'm not satisfied with it!

My environment (using latest OS):

• MacBook Air M2 / 13.2.1 (22D68)
  • iPad Pro 12.9 (4th gen) / iPadOS 16.3.1 (20D67)

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 4:23 AM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2023 4:06 PM in response to intr93j

Hello intr93j,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Let's test in safe mode to further isolate the issue:

"Start up your Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.
  4. Select a volume.
  5. Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.
  6. The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar."

More details can be found here: Start up your Mac in safe mode

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Does the issue happen while using another user account? Also, when did you first notice this?

Cheers!

Every primary click becomes a secondary click after using Universal Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.