You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sign in my trusted device of which App;le ID is different from my Macbookon my nacbook sign in on my macbook into a trusted device of which Apple ID is different from the Mac

On my MacBook (OS 13.2.1)how do I sign in my trusted device(iPhone 7 iOS 15.7.3) of which Apple ID is different from my MacBook's ID?

Also how do I include that particular iPhone as one of my trusted devices?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 2:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 4:12 AM

A trusted device is another Apple device signed into the same Apple ID as your Mac.

This is from the section "About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices" in the article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support :

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers use one of these methods:

● On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

● On a Mac computer choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

● Using a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com .

Also consider setting up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support )

You may also wish to read the articles 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' ( Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support ) and 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication' ( Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support ). Various sections contain information that is useful in understanding about the trusted devices (an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that Apple knows is yours) system, and how to get a verification code on a trusted device or at a telephone number.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2023 4:12 AM in response to frustrated Apple baby

A trusted device is another Apple device signed into the same Apple ID as your Mac.

This is from the section "About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices" in the article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support :

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers use one of these methods:

● On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

● On a Mac computer choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

● Using a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com .

Also consider setting up an Account Recovery Contact ( Set up an account recovery contact - Apple Support )

You may also wish to read the articles 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' ( Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support ) and 'Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication' ( Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support ). Various sections contain information that is useful in understanding about the trusted devices (an iPhone, iPad, or Mac that Apple knows is yours) system, and how to get a verification code on a trusted device or at a telephone number.

Mar 16, 2023 9:57 PM in response to frustrated Apple baby

Dear Limnos,

Thank you so much for your reply.

after I read and followed your comments and the links I now confirm that all my 5 devices have two factor authentication turned ON and they have trusted phone numbers listed as well.

also except my old MacBook (mid 2012, OS 10.15.7) 4 devices have account recovery contacts.

I’m very happy to have reached to this stage, thanks to your help.

What I don’t find in the link is how to add my existing devices in each device’s APPLE ID list.

the link ‘Get a verification code’ explains how to add a NEW device or browser, but not about existing devices.

i appreciate your further help if you think all my devices should show a list of other devices.

FYI I attach hereto a photo of a chart of my devices. Hope you can understand it .

Thank you so much again.

how to sign in my trusted device of which App;le ID is different from my Macbookon my nacbook sign in on my macbook into a trusted device of which Apple ID is different from the Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.