You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stage Manager not working when window occupies entire screen (mouse pointing to left edge)

Installed Ventura yesterday. Worked the first day. Turned on the computer today and it doesn't work anymore. Only when the window leaves some space (to the left, right, bottom or top) the thumbnails show up. If maximized (I'm not talking full-screen), it doesn't work. But that's how I want to work, because it maximizes space and focus, and there's a quick keyboard shortcut for it.

Edit: As I'm seeing that for many, it (only) works when changing some options (many different ones, each one saying one thing) or depending on using the macbook's screen or the first desktop... : it doesn't work for me in any situation.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 5:57 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 18, 2023 6:39 AM in response to CMVAL

Wanted to edit "any situation" but cant. The "any situation" should say changing all the possible custom options combinations of the Stage Manager (also, it doesn't depend on the desktop I'm using, nor on whether I'm using the macbook's screen or the external one, nor on having connected/ disconnected the external screen).

Mar 18, 2023 3:23 PM in response to dialabrain

Nevermind, anyway it makes the MacBook M1 (with 16gb) too laggy as some report, so I've removed it. Yet, the lag has been reduced a little, but my macbook it's still unusable for such "high demanding" tasks as scrolling history in the browser. It seems is mostly Ventura to blame, and I’ll have to go back to Monterey again anyway, which doesn't work with an external (so needed) hub, but still better than this.

Stage Manager not working when window occupies entire screen (mouse pointing to left edge)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.