You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard language not switching

Hi there,

I’ve just bought a new Magic Keyboard for my iPad Pro M2 11’.

I’m using the Slovak keyboard layout and switching between that and US International.

I’ve ran into a bug, where when when I switch from US to SK(via globe or ctrl+space) it works fine, but when I switch back, it gets stuck on the SK keyboard - the only way to get back to US is to remove the SK language completely from keyboard options. Does anybody have a solution to this?

It seems to have previously been reported here, but none of the tips worked for me.

Magic Keyboard doesn’t change language - Apple Community

Thanks a million.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 6:45 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2023 12:05 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks, I’ve tried the above, but restart didn’t help.

It seems like I’m able to change the language if I go to Hardware Keyboard - English (UK) and switch that to a different one. Then when I use the Globe button and change to Slovak, that works. Then when I use the globe button to change back to English, it continues to write in Slovak and it never seems to change back, until I make some change in Hardware Keyboard settings again.

Just now downloading ipadOS 16.4 to see if that helps.

Magic Keyboard language not switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.