You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View my location on a specific date

I'm trying to find my locations for a specific date. I am unable to view them on my iPhone or mac. I have significant locations turned on with the latest software updates.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 3:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 5:44 PM

What’s is the significant locations feature then? I remember being able to look at different locations for different times and dates but i don’t see that feature anymore.

4 replies

Apr 3, 2023 6:19 PM in response to greg998

greg998 wrote:

What’s is the significant locations feature then? I remember being able to look at different locations for different times and dates but i don’t see that feature anymore.

Significant locations is used by Apple apps to tailor some activity, but all but the most recent locations are not exposed to the user. That location data is valuable for a domestic abuser and their efforts to control, for instance. And abuse arising from and related to inherent inaccuracies in that location data, as well—cellular-derived locations are far from accurate. Locally, cellular-derived locations can be off by five kilometers and more, though that inaccuracy is being reduced as coverage improves.

View my location on a specific date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.