You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing to a non wifi printer

I have a hp laserjet 1536dnf Mfp connected to my MacBook Air and I am wanting to print to this printer from my iPhone or iPad is there a way to do this without buying extra asscessories

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 9, 2023 3:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 3:51 PM

Hi,

Maybe.

The HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP is not mentioned in the latest About AirPrint - Apple Support article, but it was in fact listed in a very old Apple article iOS: AirPrint 101 (HT4356, February 13, 2012) as a model supporting the AirPrint technology. This may have been an old AirPrint version, and it may or may not require a printer firmware update. You may want to carry out a test with a modern iPhone or iPad.

For such a test, you would have to wire the Ethernet port of the M1536dnf printer to one of the LAN ports of your Wi-Fi router. The iPhone and the iPad would have to be wirelessly connected to the Wi-Fi network provided by that same router.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Generally speaking, AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01948866.pdf

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2023 3:51 PM in response to dboyer1

Hi,

Maybe.

The HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP is not mentioned in the latest About AirPrint - Apple Support article, but it was in fact listed in a very old Apple article iOS: AirPrint 101 (HT4356, February 13, 2012) as a model supporting the AirPrint technology. This may have been an old AirPrint version, and it may or may not require a printer firmware update. You may want to carry out a test with a modern iPhone or iPad.

For such a test, you would have to wire the Ethernet port of the M1536dnf printer to one of the LAN ports of your Wi-Fi router. The iPhone and the iPad would have to be wirelessly connected to the Wi-Fi network provided by that same router.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Generally speaking, AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01948866.pdf

printing to a non wifi printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.