You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Citations in Pages with End-Note Plugin??$$

To add citations in Pages, Apple says to download the End Note Plugin and have Endnote installed on the computer. Is Endnote something I need to pay for in order to work with Pages being a built-in software without this capability?

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 10:27 AM

EndNote is paid software from Clarivate (with a free v20 trial), and is not otherwise integrated into the Pages application. Apple has not updated the Pages EndNote v3.3 plug-in since 2019, and it was intended for Endnote x.9.3 and Pages v6.2 or later. Supposedly it is compatible with Apple Silicon Macs.

I have no experience with EndNote or this plug-in so you will have to try installing the plug-in and the free trial of EndNote and determine if it still works. There is zero support here for this plug-in or Endnote, so caveat emptor.

The related article at the top of this page was last edited in 2021…

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2023 10:27 AM in response to sfosss

EndNote is paid software from Clarivate (with a free v20 trial), and is not otherwise integrated into the Pages application. Apple has not updated the Pages EndNote v3.3 plug-in since 2019, and it was intended for Endnote x.9.3 and Pages v6.2 or later. Supposedly it is compatible with Apple Silicon Macs.

I have no experience with EndNote or this plug-in so you will have to try installing the plug-in and the free trial of EndNote and determine if it still works. There is zero support here for this plug-in or Endnote, so caveat emptor.

The related article at the top of this page was last edited in 2021…

Apr 30, 2023 6:23 AM in response to sfosss

sfosss wrote:

Is there a different integration that’s recommended for iOS you would make?

Not that I am aware, unless you choose to use MS Word on macOS. Your reference to iOS is for iPhones, and I doubt there is an EndNote solution for that platform, where the operating system and Pages implementation are different.

one more thing relating. Is there a simple way to extract highlights and notes for citations from the Books app other than copy and pasting one at a time?

No.

Adding Citations in Pages with End-Note Plugin??$$

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.