You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade Ram and SSD?

What can I upgrade on my MAC BOOK?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 4, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 12:26 PM

Hello elvisfromlimassol,

Some models are not capable of having upgrades due to the fact that the RAM and HD are soldered into place. I would suggest taking your device to an Authorized Service Provider and check to see if your particular year and model is able to be upgraded.

Note: From my own experience, I know that Apple does not do post-purchase upgrading. Meaning, you cannot upgrade RAM *after* time of purchase. This would need to be done via a third-party.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2023 12:26 PM in response to elvisfromlimassol

Hello elvisfromlimassol,

Some models are not capable of having upgrades due to the fact that the RAM and HD are soldered into place. I would suggest taking your device to an Authorized Service Provider and check to see if your particular year and model is able to be upgraded.

Note: From my own experience, I know that Apple does not do post-purchase upgrading. Meaning, you cannot upgrade RAM *after* time of purchase. This would need to be done via a third-party.

May 4, 2023 2:35 PM in response to elvisfromlimassol

you can go to OWC’s website and see if there are hardware upgrades available for your specific Mac. if there are upgradeable options, they will have the parts. if there are no parts, (SSDs or RAM) available for that Mac, then it is not upgradeable.

and FYI, OWC also has DIY install videos for the available upgrades. you can view them to see for yourself if you can perform the desired upgrade, or if you will want to farm it out to a professional.

Can I upgrade Ram and SSD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.