You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share automatically in Apple Photos not working

I have an iPhone 12. My wife has a iPhone 13.

We have a shared photo library together. We both have share automatically turned on sharing automatically works on my wife’s phone when I’m in Bluetooth range however, it does not work on my phone when my wife is in Bluetooth range.

I’ve confirmed that we both are running the most recent version of iOS.

I’m stumped here. Any ideas?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 13, 2023 2:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 3:35 AM

Does your camera show the yellow Share button, when you take a picture?

If not, switch to the shared library in the Camera.

See the section "Use Shared Library - Share straight from the Camera": How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library – Apple Support (UK)

Personally, I would not risk to enable the automatic sharing right from the camera. It can be embarrassing, when we accidentally take a photo, that we did not intend to take. When I put the iPhone away with the camera still open and then touch a volume button when taking it up, it will take a picture, for example.

And sharing all the mediocre or bad shots before weeding them out, is a waste of bandwidth and wasting storage on the devices of the sharing partners. I am sharing a photo when I mark it as a favorite and delete the others.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2023 3:35 AM in response to Scotty_C2217

Does your camera show the yellow Share button, when you take a picture?

If not, switch to the shared library in the Camera.

See the section "Use Shared Library - Share straight from the Camera": How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library – Apple Support (UK)

Personally, I would not risk to enable the automatic sharing right from the camera. It can be embarrassing, when we accidentally take a photo, that we did not intend to take. When I put the iPhone away with the camera still open and then touch a volume button when taking it up, it will take a picture, for example.

And sharing all the mediocre or bad shots before weeding them out, is a waste of bandwidth and wasting storage on the devices of the sharing partners. I am sharing a photo when I mark it as a favorite and delete the others.

May 14, 2023 7:36 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for the response!

Yes - when I pull up my camera it doesn’t have the yellow share button even when I’m right next to my wife. When I pull up her camera when she’s sitting next to me, her camera has the yellow share button enabled.

Im fine automatically sharing accidental shots with her. It would be way easier if every picture I took when I’m around her was shared by default.

Any other ideas?

Share automatically in Apple Photos not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.