You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have time machine back up on a external hard drive and want to back up my lightroom classic external hard drive to my time machine external hard drive. How do I do it?

I have time machine on an external hard drive and want to back up my lightroom classic photos from another external hard drive to time machine. How do I do it?

Thank you

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 22, 2023 8:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2023 9:14 AM

If you mean set TM so it grabs the external drive; within TM you can set drive exclusions/inclusions.

I use CCC for TM type backups because it is so much more versatile, so I'm not up on all the latest provision of TM.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

1 reply

i have time machine back up on a external hard drive and want to back up my lightroom classic external hard drive to my time machine external hard drive. How do I do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.