You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14” Order cancelled without permission

I’m very upset. I placed an order yesterday for a MacBook Pro 14” and Apple cancelled it without my permission, without fully and properly verifying with me BEFORE taking action.

A phone call that I wasn’t expecting from anyone is an unacceptable way to “verify”. It’s also unacceptable to cancel an order less than 20 minutes after a verification call occurred.

Sounds like there’s a system of non human decision makers decisioning on my behalf without my permission or knowledge.

Theres also no one in house that can handle a dispute against automatic/machine intervention.

Posted on May 25, 2023 3:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 6:00 PM

Details of Apple online orders can be discussed with the agents answering the phones for the Apple online store:

Apple Online Store

Apple.com is a convenient place to purchase Apple products and accessories from Apple and other manufacturers. You can buy online or call (800) MY–APPLE(800–692–7753).

You can get information about an order you placed on the Apple Online Store through the Order Status page. If you prefer, you can also get order status or make changes by phone at (800) 692–7753.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2023 6:00 PM in response to VideoGameChick

Details of Apple online orders can be discussed with the agents answering the phones for the Apple online store:

Apple Online Store

Apple.com is a convenient place to purchase Apple products and accessories from Apple and other manufacturers. You can buy online or call (800) MY–APPLE(800–692–7753).

You can get information about an order you placed on the Apple Online Store through the Order Status page. If you prefer, you can also get order status or make changes by phone at (800) 692–7753.

May 25, 2023 5:47 PM in response to VideoGameChick

VideoGameChick Said:

"MacBook Pro 14” Order cancelled without permission: [...]A phone call that I wasn’t expecting from anyone is an unacceptable way to 'verify'. It’s also unacceptable to cancel an order less than 20 minutes after a verification call occurred. Sounds like there’s a system of non human decision makers decisioning on my behalf without my permission or knowledge.[...]"

-------

Someone may have access to your account info....

Secure your Info:

Being of high-concern for account access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and modify. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

May 26, 2023 4:52 AM in response to VideoGameChick

VideoGameChick Said:

"MacBook Pro 14” Order cancelled without permission: [...]The point is that I placed and paid for a legitimate order and it was cancelled for a non legitimate reason.

———-

Some Other than you Cancelled this, Perhaps?

Seems to me to me this is an unexpected occurrence. Maybe someone (mommy? or daddy?) has your credentials and is calling back to cancel it.

A Scam Call?:

Apple would never call you with an automated message about an order not going through —they’d only email about this situation.

Contact Apple Support:

So, contact Apple Support, if you want to know why this was cancelled and when.

Apple Support Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic. And that makes sense because many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

May 25, 2023 5:26 PM in response to VideoGameChick

VideoGameChick wrote:

I’m very upset. I placed an order yesterday for a MacBook Pro 14” and Apple cancelled it without my permission, without fully and properly verifying with me BEFORE taking action.

A phone call that I wasn’t expecting from anyone is an unacceptable way to “verify”. It’s also unacceptable to cancel an order less than 20 minutes after a verification call occurred.

Sounds like there’s a system of non human decision makers decisioning on my behalf without my permission or knowledge.

Theres also no one in house that can handle a dispute against automatic/machine intervention.

If there is a supply issue and a delay of some unknown— I would not take it personally.

you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

May 26, 2023 3:50 AM in response to TheLittles

Since you don’t know what inconvenienced this caused and don’t understand anything about my situation, your suggestion to reorder isn’t helpful. The days or weeks doesn’t matter to me.

No one here should police my complaint.

The point is that I placed and paid for a legitimate order and it was cancelled for a non legitimate reason.

May 26, 2023 5:49 AM in response to Chattanoogan

Re: “… No one here should police my complaint … it was cancelled for a non legitimate reason.”

We understand your complaint and nobody is policing your complaint.

However, just because we don’t fully understand why it was cancelled does NOT equate to the cancellation being without “cause.”

Apple certainly doesn’t generate ANY revenue by cancelling orders “willy-nilly.” “Something” certainly triggered the cancellation.

Suggest not attributing malice to something explicable by mis-communication or simple human error.”

Best of luck completing your order. Regret that none of us here at ASC have the ability to “help” beyond making suggestions and recommendations as to your possible path going forward.

May 26, 2023 5:53 AM in response to VideoGameChick

Apple doesn't need your permission to run their business or to decide they are "not able to fill the order as placed". None of us have any sway over Apple corporate policies as we are not Apple; at least you got notified.

There had to be some sort of irregularity on either your end or theirs and actually it's a good thing Apple stopped a potentially flawed process.

If you live long enough, orders will be cancelled sooner or later. That's part of he nature of the business.

MacBook Pro 14” Order cancelled without permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.