You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 fingerprint stopped working after battery replacement

I had registered my fingerprint on my iphone 8 and it was working fine all along.

Recently, my battery had to be replaced so I went to Apple store for service. After the service, the home button still works but it does not detect touch id. I removed the old registered fingerprint and tried registering new but it simply does not scan my finger.

I have tried the following already

1. restarting phone
  2. removing old fingerprint and adding new
  3. logout of apple id and log back in
  4. disabling passcode
  5. the home button wiped with a clean cloth, finger was clean and dry

iPhone 8

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:59 PM

siblore Said:

"iphone 8 fingerprint stopped working after battery replacement: [...]Recently, my battery had to be replaced so I went to Apple store for service. After the service, the home button still works but it does not detect touch id[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Touch ID:

If Touch ID is not working, then use the following links, in the order provided.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2023 6:59 PM in response to siblore

siblore Said:

"iphone 8 fingerprint stopped working after battery replacement: [...]Recently, my battery had to be replaced so I went to Apple store for service. After the service, the home button still works but it does not detect touch id[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Touch ID:

If Touch ID is not working, then use the following links, in the order provided.

iphone 8 fingerprint stopped working after battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.