You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro version on multiple platforms

Hello,

I downloaded an app in App Store in Iphone. Then I upgraded to pro version. Then I downloaded the same app in Macbook Air. In Macbook Air I do not have the pro version. I am urged to upgrade to pro. On both platforms I am logged in with the same apple-id.

Is this normal? Do I have to upgrade to pro also on my Macbook?

Fred

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 30, 2023 11:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 2:12 AM

it fully depend on the developer of the app

back in the day I had to buy dead space in a iphone version and an ipad version, this is rare though

don't think I've come across purchases that span across from ios devices to computer though, but if it was me then I would contact the developer

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2023 2:12 AM in response to fred6633

it fully depend on the developer of the app

back in the day I had to buy dead space in a iphone version and an ipad version, this is rare though

don't think I've come across purchases that span across from ios devices to computer though, but if it was me then I would contact the developer

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

May 31, 2023 4:23 AM in response to fred6633

fred6633 wrote:

Thanks,

The price is really reasonable. I asked more for reasons of principle. The app is "Web Video Cast".
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/web-video-cast-browser-to-tv/id1400866497

In most cases, all you need to do is restore your purchase. You will have to look for a "Restore" option somewhere in the app.

It is possible for an app to require purchases for each device. I don't know how this works internally. I only know of one app that does this and this app has a history of crossing that "principles" line. Most apps will have a "Restore" functionality for this.

Pro version on multiple platforms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.