You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos in emails

I have Ventura 13.4. I cannot send more than 3 photos attached to an email. How am I supposed to send them now? Very frustrating to have this keep changing.

Also, my finger ID no longer works.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 7:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 7:47 AM

dweendog wrote:

I have Ventura 13.4. I cannot send more than 3 photos attached to an email.

Why not? What happens when you try? Every email server has limits on the size of what can be sent or received.

How am I supposed to send them now?

If they are too large, you can use MailDrop. You can enable it in Mail Settings under the Accounts Tab. Select the account and select the Account information tab. There is a checkbox to enable it.

Very frustrating to have this keep changing.

How many times has it changed before. I haven't noticed any changes in attachments since they introduced Mail Drop. That was several OS versions ago.

Have you run through these troubleshooting steps: If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2023 7:47 AM in response to dweendog

dweendog wrote:

I have Ventura 13.4. I cannot send more than 3 photos attached to an email.

Why not? What happens when you try? Every email server has limits on the size of what can be sent or received.

How am I supposed to send them now?

If they are too large, you can use MailDrop. You can enable it in Mail Settings under the Accounts Tab. Select the account and select the Account information tab. There is a checkbox to enable it.

Very frustrating to have this keep changing.

How many times has it changed before. I haven't noticed any changes in attachments since they introduced Mail Drop. That was several OS versions ago.

Have you run through these troubleshooting steps: If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 7, 2023 7:55 AM in response to dweendog

dweendog wrote:

I have Ventura 13.4. I cannot send more than 3 photos attached to an email. How am I supposed to send them now? Very frustrating to have this keep changing.

It photo issue may depend on the Combined Size of the photos.

It may also depend on your e-mail Server have a Cap on the size of a single e-mail.

I am away in iCloud ( only as example) a single e-mails combined size of Text and Media attachments is about 20 MB

Suggest explore this information with your e-mail Provider

As for Touch ID not working - Is use Profile accurate MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

If so, not sure Touch ID computers were available when Catalina was the current version of macOS back in 2019.

I can be wrong on that, thought 😔

This link from Apple pertains to Computers that are equipped with Touch ID and / or Computers using an Apple Touch ID Keyboard

The devils is in the details.

Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Mac computers with Apple silicon - Apple Support (CA)

EDITED

Jun 7, 2023 8:18 AM in response to dweendog

Your email provider will have size limits to what they will accept per message. There may also be limits in time (messages per hour).

The recipients email provider will have size limits for the mailbox (total of all messages), and possibly a different limit per message.

My ISP gives me a mailbox size of 25 GB, and a message limit of 30 MB. Verify with your ISP what your limits are. It is good to know these.

Gmail has a 15 GB mailbox size limit and a 25MB message limit.

Mail servers should give responses on the reason why a message couldn’t be delivered.

My preferred way of sending large attachments is using WeTransfer as a temporary hosting service.

photos in emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.