You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images on my desktop Ventura OS keep disappearing

I have a MacBook Air 2020 that has two items on the desktop: a folder of the pictures I imported from my iPhone 12 and my hard drive. I’ve been on Macs since 1988 and this is the first time this has ever happened to me. If I tap the desktop with my cursor the two images show up but if I tap the desktop with my cursor again, both images disappear. I’ve looked in all the settings that I can find including one that says to leave folders on the desktop, which I checked. But yet no matter what’s on my desktop if I tap the desktop they disappear and then I tap it again and they reappear. Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you!

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 3:54 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 14, 2023 3:16 PM in response to Randall_2023

Randell, you are amazing! Mission Control must’ve been turned on by default because I’ve never heard of either one of those things. I turned it off and instantly my two desktop images showed up! Thank you very much! This is my first apple/Mac laptop since the 1990s and I’ll be honest, I’m not as comfortable on a laptop as I am on a desktop. My other computers are iMacs and I used to have a G4 way back in the day. Again, thanks a bunch… I really appreciate your help!! 👍🏼

Images on my desktop Ventura OS keep disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.