You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware I can't find

I clicked on a link in an email a couple weeks ago and ever since applications on my iMac have been running incredibly slowly. Sometimes not opening. I can't find evidence of malware on my machine but am convinced something is wrong. What can I do?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 3:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2023 4:35 AM

You're welcome. Your Mac seems to be free of malware. And considering you have a Fusion drive with a very small SSD the performance seems good. Personally I would disable Malwarebytes realtime protection. It's not needed and would affect performance somewhat.

Make sure your software is up to date. I don't use OneDrive so I don't know what affect that may have on performance.

Have you changed anything else?

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2023 4:35 AM in response to rosiefromoxford

You're welcome. Your Mac seems to be free of malware. And considering you have a Fusion drive with a very small SSD the performance seems good. Personally I would disable Malwarebytes realtime protection. It's not needed and would affect performance somewhat.

Make sure your software is up to date. I don't use OneDrive so I don't know what affect that may have on performance.

Have you changed anything else?

Malware I can't find

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.