You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Connectivity Issues

I have an IPhone 13 - Currently on the most up to date version.

Last night I was struggling with sending some messages but I was in an area of the house where it’s a bit of mobile data and Wi-Fi black zone. I ended up falling asleep and when I woke I was still having problems.

Its showing that I have mobile data 4G/5G but its not working and its also saying I’m connected to the Wi-Fi but not showing up the icon at the top of the screen.

What I’ve tried:

Turning IPhone on and off

Resetting the network settings through the option in settings

Toggled on and off the Wi-Fi/mobile data options

I attempted to do a full factory reset but I need to have some form of internet to be able to do this?

I then moved my Sim to an old iPhone (Iphone SE - not updated) and it worked at first connected to the mobile data and my Wi-Fi however it is now doing the same as above and wont connect to Wi-Fi or mobile data about an hour later

My iPad and laptop are connecting fine to the Wi-Fi.

I would appreciate any suggestions?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 10:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 11:17 PM

Connecting to Wi-Fi is the initial step, followed by establishing an internet connection.

However, it's important to note that connecting to Wi-Fi does not automatically guarantee an internet connection. In the event that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, the issue may stem from settings on your iPhone or the router/modem.

On the other hand, if you are unable to establish an internet connection despite being connected to Wi-Fi, the problem is likely related to the settings on your router/modem. In such cases, it is advisable to promptly contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency that issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency that provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2023 11:17 PM in response to Rebeccalouiise

Connecting to Wi-Fi is the initial step, followed by establishing an internet connection.

However, it's important to note that connecting to Wi-Fi does not automatically guarantee an internet connection. In the event that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, the issue may stem from settings on your iPhone or the router/modem.

On the other hand, if you are unable to establish an internet connection despite being connected to Wi-Fi, the problem is likely related to the settings on your router/modem. In such cases, it is advisable to promptly contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency that issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency that provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Network Connectivity Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.