You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time reporting inaccurate

How is it possible my kids screentime when checked in real time will display one set of apps used and amounts of time spent on each app but when checked later it says another different set? Also it will not even display certain apps I know he uses a lot at all for the week

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 3:04 AM

4 replies

Jun 18, 2023 3:27 AM in response to CryptoCoinoisseur

Set Screen Time Restrictions for your Child in your Family using Parental Control.

Please see the pic below which is self-explanatory.

Set Screen Time Passcode for your child's device through your device.

Please see the pic below which is self-explanatory.

Go to Settings and tap Screen Time. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode. Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content. Choose Unrestricted Access, Limit Adult Websites, or Allowed Websites Only.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod ...

Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing > Screen Time.
  2. Tap the name of a child in your family group, tap Turn On Screen Time, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Set up parental controls with Family Sharing on iPhone

Jun 18, 2023 1:52 PM in response to SravanKrA

I should have prefaced my post by saying I have done the parental controls things to no avail. my objective is not so much to keep them off but more trying to get an idea of what is it they are doing when they think nobody is watching . Also does anyone have an explanation as to how they are able to do this ? So far everything listed in the past as potential ways and reasons is not accurate and I’m not able to reproduce the outcomes following the suggested steps that are supposedly the reasoning for it happening . Thanks

Screen time reporting inaccurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.