You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Water Damage - Requesting Assistance

I am writing to seek guidance and assistance regarding a water-related incident involving my MacBook. I am a devoted Apple user and deeply value the quality and reliability of your products.

Recently, water accidentally entered my MacBook, and I promptly followed the initial steps for damage control, such as powering off the device and wiping off any visible moisture. However, I am concerned about potential internal damage and would greatly appreciate your expert advice on the matter.

I have refrained from attempting to power on the MacBook to avoid further complications until I can ensure it is thoroughly dry. I have left it in an open, well-ventilated area to air dry for the past 48 hours. Nevertheless, I am uncertain about the extent of the damage and would like to inquire about the best course of action to restore its functionality.

I kindly request your guidance on how to proceed further. If necessary, I am willing to take my MacBook to an authorized repair center or follow any other recommended steps to address the water damage properly. Your professional expertise and support would be immensely valuable during this challenging situation.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your guidance and assistance.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 11:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 11:56 AM

Liquid and electronics do not mix...I would take it in. Liquid damage tends to get worse over time not better.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2023 11:56 AM in response to joshline272

Liquid and electronics do not mix...I would take it in. Liquid damage tends to get worse over time not better.

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

MacBook Water Damage - Requesting Assistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.