You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have downloaded the latest macOS software 12.6.7 but my Safari will still not open. How can I download a new version of Safari?

Fix for Safari.

I have downloaded the latest macOS software 12.6.7 but my Safari will still not open. How can I download a new version of Safari?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 11:41 AM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2023 6:49 PM in response to RDA101

Seems there was a separate update for Safari ie: 16.5.1 alongside the MacOS 12.6.7 update.

If you haven't already downloaded that Safari version:

Try Apple Menu > About this Mac > Software updates >

See "other updates available" and click on "More info". to go to the small window with the Safari update.

Else:

If you already downloaded that version:

Wondering if you have any third-party (non-Apple) apps such as ad-blockers, unneccessary virus-checkers, cleaners etc., installed as they can be the cause of difficulties ... try turning off any such apps, (and even VPN) and check if you can use Safari.

(You can generally use uninstallers from the developers if any are found to be interfering.)

also:

What to do: If your Mac isn't connecting to the internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support 

Seems we can not uninstall / delete / restore / any of Apple's in-built apps on Mac.

What to do: If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

and

For App store apps: Uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support

More support if needed: Contact - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.