You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 14" 2021 M1: Missing keystrokes to switch the keyboard layout

I setup switch keyboard input sources to command ⌘ + Space in System Settings -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Using only one additional source + English.

I noticed that sometimes I can't switch the layout even from the second time if I do it quickly. I have MacBook Pro 13" 2019 Intel i5: macOS Ventura 13.4.1 with same settings and I didn't notice the same problems with him. It's hard to catch, but this problem has become quite annoying in four months of using MacBook Pro 14".

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 11:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 1:25 PM

I found problem..

When I use "Select the previous input source" for my main hotkey they macOs show popup menu with input sources like:

This case does not work correctly and sometimes does not switch the keyboard from the first press.

Looks like bug, "Select next source in input menu" do not show menu (As for me, it should be the opposite). But in any case i recommend to use "Select next source in input menu" for main hotkey, it's work better without lags.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2023 1:25 PM in response to VyacheslavS

I found problem..

When I use "Select the previous input source" for my main hotkey they macOs show popup menu with input sources like:

This case does not work correctly and sometimes does not switch the keyboard from the first press.

Looks like bug, "Select next source in input menu" do not show menu (As for me, it should be the opposite). But in any case i recommend to use "Select next source in input menu" for main hotkey, it's work better without lags.

Jun 29, 2023 1:48 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

For many years, I used to change the layout on Linux and on Mac by pressing the left key for the space bar and the space bar. This is the whole point of this problem. I tried disabling antivirus and Karabiner. But still once every half hour, when I don't change the layout for a long time, I clearly catch problem. (Is no reaction when I push command + space first time). I will continue to disable various resident software, maybe third-party software is to blame, not macOS itself. But maybe someone else will respond with the same problem!

MacBook Pro 14" 2021 M1: Missing keystrokes to switch the keyboard layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.