You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages signin problem

I’m using a 9th generation iPad OS update 16.5.1(c). It wants me to sign in with my Apple ID to open iMessages. After I do that it wants me to sign in with a user ID email that I haven’t used in 8 years. I’ve lost the password and it won’t let me change the password.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 9:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 8:16 PM

Re: "iMessages signin problem : "it wants me to sign in with a user ID email that I haven’t used in 8 years.

I’ve lost the password and it won’t let me change the password".

Apple support have some articles online (links below) that may help you troubleshoot:

What to do: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

or

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If needed: Messages Support (info. / support / contact)

Eg: There is a "Get Support - start now" link (online chat, phone, email) at the bottom of their website (link below)

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2023 8:16 PM in response to Frus_tra_ted

Re: "iMessages signin problem : "it wants me to sign in with a user ID email that I haven’t used in 8 years.

I’ve lost the password and it won’t let me change the password".

Apple support have some articles online (links below) that may help you troubleshoot:

What to do: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

or

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If needed: Messages Support (info. / support / contact)

Eg: There is a "Get Support - start now" link (online chat, phone, email) at the bottom of their website (link below)

Messages for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac - Official Apple Support

iMessages signin problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.