You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music icon gone from Ipod

Hi! My music icon has completely disappeared from my Ipod, which means no music at all!

It doesnt even link up to my mac anymore, I did everything reseting my Ipod even de authorising and re-authorising it.

I go to 'device' and it doesn't recognise it, as it did previously. It seems everytime I choose to do the recommended updates something always goes wrong.

Sorry to rant back I want my music back

Thanks

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 10:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Perhaps you have moved the Music icon into a folder without realising it.

If there are two or more apps in a folder the folder icon will change so that it has a basic background colour (decided by your theme I think) and the icons will be displayed in the folder icon as very small images.

If you can't find it by looking, use the Search feature, which (on my 6th gen Touch) is found by swiping right until the "extras" screen is shown.

To move the Music icon out of a folder, long-tap the icon and once the icons start shaking, drag it out of the folder to the position that you want it. The x in the corner of the icon indicates that it is one of the apps that cannot be deleted, so it will be on your iPod somewhere.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2023 10:46 AM in response to Ipodlover3000

Perhaps you have moved the Music icon into a folder without realising it.

If there are two or more apps in a folder the folder icon will change so that it has a basic background colour (decided by your theme I think) and the icons will be displayed in the folder icon as very small images.

If you can't find it by looking, use the Search feature, which (on my 6th gen Touch) is found by swiping right until the "extras" screen is shown.

To move the Music icon out of a folder, long-tap the icon and once the icons start shaking, drag it out of the folder to the position that you want it. The x in the corner of the icon indicates that it is one of the apps that cannot be deleted, so it will be on your iPod somewhere.

Music icon gone from Ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.