You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HDMI to Asus Monitor USB C-Type

I am trying to connect my Apple TV to an external monitor that only has 1 USB C port. The monitor powers on when I connect it directly to the power but will not when I connect it from the Apple TV via HDMI output to USB C input. Is there a work around on this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 12:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 3:12 AM

USB-C to HDMI is not the same as HDMI to USB-C (if that even exists). Adapters are directional that way.

USB-C to HDMI is intended for computers with USB-C/Thunderbolt ports, to output to devices with HDMI-in port.

3 replies

Jan 18, 2024 4:48 PM in response to KotterSG1

Quick heads up if you're connecting Apple TV to a monitor – the built-in speaker thing can be a bit tricky unless you've got a Bluetooth speaker, you're golden.

Also, HDCP isn't a big deal nowadays since almost every monitor with HDMI is good to go. Found this article that's pretty spot-on about what to keep in mind with Apple TV and monitors. Might be worth a look if you're setting things up: https://pointerclicker.com/can-you-use-an-apple-tv-with-a-computer-monitor/

Apple TV HDMI to Asus Monitor USB C-Type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.