You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to lock dock on external montitor

I have a Macbook Pro using Ventura 13.4.1. I have an external monitor that is my main monitor so I want the dock at the bottom of it all the time. But sooner or later the dock moves to the Macbook. I can only find information on locking the dock to the laptop but I want the opposite.

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 4:33 PM

are you using extended desktop?

In that setup, the Dock appears on the designated (lowest or leftmost or rightmost) edge of the Primary Display (the one assigned the menubar) UNLESS the desktop is Extended beyond that edge, in which case the Dock appears on the edge of the Extended Desktop.

Is that different from what you want?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2023 4:33 PM in response to Fog Freem

are you using extended desktop?

In that setup, the Dock appears on the designated (lowest or leftmost or rightmost) edge of the Primary Display (the one assigned the menubar) UNLESS the desktop is Extended beyond that edge, in which case the Dock appears on the edge of the Extended Desktop.

Is that different from what you want?

How to lock dock on external montitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.