You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes, For Win 11 Pro - will not auto download my music

I've looked into this, I've authed my computer, I've went into edit and setup my downloads. It still will not download my music. when I tell it to check for downloads, it comes back and says nothing to DL despite over 600+ songs that are not downloaded. I should not have to click on each and everyone of my songs to download it. THAT would take forever, and I have far more important things to do. Also I have no download button at the lower right side of iTunes. Just says, download HD When Available.

Any ideas?

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 6:47 AM

Well seeing how I was not able to get support here (Disappointing) . I'd like to help the next person, I found a very easy way to download all songs at once.

To download your Apple entire library using a smart playlist:

1. Open the Music app on the desktop.
  2. Click the File menu in the menu bar.
  3. Select New.
  4. Click Smart Playlist
  5. Alternatively, you can create a new smart playlist with the keyboard shortcut Alt+Cmd+N.
  6. Click the first drop-down.
  7. Select Time.
  8. Select the second drop-down and click the Is Greater Than option.
  9. Ensure the time is set to 00:00. This will ensure that

the smart playlist contains every song longer than zero seconds in

length, which should be all of your music.

10.Make sure Limit to X Items is not checked.

11.Click OK and your playlist will be created.

12.Click the playlist name to rename it to something easily recognizable.

13.To download the playlist (and therefore your entire library) to your computer, tap the red Arrow. Depending on the size of your library, this may take some time.

1. A -To download your entire library to your iPhone, open the Apple Music app on your iPhone.
  2. A-Tap the Library tab.
  3. A- Under Recently Added, you should see your newly created playlist.
  4. A- If it doesn’t appear, return to your desktop, open the Music app, and click Music in the menu bar.
  5. A- Select Settings (or Preferences) on older versions of macOS.
  6. A- Check Sync Library.
  7. A- Repeat steps 1A-3A and you should see your new playlist. Tap the playlist to open it.
  8. A-To download the playlist containing your entire library, tap the red Arrow.
  9. A- Depending on the size of your library, this may take some time.

Hope this helps!

SOURCE: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/download-all-songs-in-your-apple-music-library/

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2023 6:47 AM in response to L3gacy304

Well seeing how I was not able to get support here (Disappointing) . I'd like to help the next person, I found a very easy way to download all songs at once.

To download your Apple entire library using a smart playlist:

1. Open the Music app on the desktop.
  2. Click the File menu in the menu bar.
  3. Select New.
  4. Click Smart Playlist
  5. Alternatively, you can create a new smart playlist with the keyboard shortcut Alt+Cmd+N.
  6. Click the first drop-down.
  7. Select Time.
  8. Select the second drop-down and click the Is Greater Than option.
  9. Ensure the time is set to 00:00. This will ensure that

the smart playlist contains every song longer than zero seconds in

length, which should be all of your music.

10.Make sure Limit to X Items is not checked.

11.Click OK and your playlist will be created.

12.Click the playlist name to rename it to something easily recognizable.

13.To download the playlist (and therefore your entire library) to your computer, tap the red Arrow. Depending on the size of your library, this may take some time.

1. A -To download your entire library to your iPhone, open the Apple Music app on your iPhone.
  2. A-Tap the Library tab.
  3. A- Under Recently Added, you should see your newly created playlist.
  4. A- If it doesn’t appear, return to your desktop, open the Music app, and click Music in the menu bar.
  5. A- Select Settings (or Preferences) on older versions of macOS.
  6. A- Check Sync Library.
  7. A- Repeat steps 1A-3A and you should see your new playlist. Tap the playlist to open it.
  8. A-To download the playlist containing your entire library, tap the red Arrow.
  9. A- Depending on the size of your library, this may take some time.

Hope this helps!

SOURCE: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/download-all-songs-in-your-apple-music-library/

iTunes, For Win 11 Pro - will not auto download my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.