You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages template "couldn't be downloaded"

Out of all my Pages custom templates, there is one I can't use.

When I try to select it I get this error message...

"This template couldn’t be downloaded. There was a problem downloading this template."

There is a cloud icon next to the template in the template chooser.

I can't find anything online other than unanswered questions from people experiencing similar problems.

Can you point me in the right direction?

iMac 27″ 5K

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 8:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 3:04 PM

Re: "Pages template "couldn't be downloaded" :

"There is a cloud icon next to the template in the template chooser".

Wondering if that template may have been created (or received) in iCloud, and was not added to the Template Chooser when you created (or received) the template ?

Apple support's online article (link below) may be helpful:

Create and manage Pages templates on Mac - Apple Support

Eg: says: "To Install a template from another source on your Mac":

"You can install a custom template that you received as an attachment by adding it to the template chooser in Pages.

• Double-click the template file (it has the file extension “.template”), then click Add to Template Chooser.

Note: The template is already installed on all your devices and available in the My Templates category of the template chooser if you chose Add to Template Chooser when you created the template (and were using iCloud Drive with the same Apple ID).

You can set Pages to always open new documents from a specific template instead of the template chooser."

Else: Possibly a Pages update may be waiting to be installed from "Updates" in the App Store ?

or

If needed:

More info. / support / contact (online chat / phone / email etc)

Pages Support website

Pages - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2023 3:04 PM in response to Brandon Wilcox

Re: "Pages template "couldn't be downloaded" :

"There is a cloud icon next to the template in the template chooser".

Wondering if that template may have been created (or received) in iCloud, and was not added to the Template Chooser when you created (or received) the template ?

Apple support's online article (link below) may be helpful:

Create and manage Pages templates on Mac - Apple Support

Eg: says: "To Install a template from another source on your Mac":

"You can install a custom template that you received as an attachment by adding it to the template chooser in Pages.

• Double-click the template file (it has the file extension “.template”), then click Add to Template Chooser.

Note: The template is already installed on all your devices and available in the My Templates category of the template chooser if you chose Add to Template Chooser when you created the template (and were using iCloud Drive with the same Apple ID).

You can set Pages to always open new documents from a specific template instead of the template chooser."

Else: Possibly a Pages update may be waiting to be installed from "Updates" in the App Store ?

or

If needed:

More info. / support / contact (online chat / phone / email etc)

Pages Support website

Pages - Official Apple Support

Pages template "couldn't be downloaded"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.