You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails not going to bin Ventura 13.4

I am running Apple Mail on my Macbook Air M2 Ventura 13.4. When I delete emails they disappear and don't show up in the Bin. I am using POP accounts on iinet.net.au.

I have checked settings and "Move deleted messages to Bin mailbox" is ticked and Erase deleted messages is set to "After one month".

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 12:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 2:02 AM

Follow on

" I am running Apple Mail on my Macbook Air M2 Ventura 13.4. "

The current version is now Ventura 13.5.1 which contain several Bug and Security updates

Refer to links below on this specific topic

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

Apple security releases - Apple Support (CA)

3 replies

Aug 26, 2023 1:59 AM in response to Graham Owens

From what I can see on your e-mail servers website, which is sometimes not kept up to date.

https://help.iinet.net.au/email-setup-mac-mail

They do mention IMAP protocol

In which case what is reflected on the Web Portal of your e-mail server would be reflect back into the Mail application on the computer.

Have you tried log into their Web Portal and seeing if the missing messages are located in the Bin ( Trash )

Account Type: IMAP

Incoming Mail Server: mail.iinet.net.au

Outgoing Mail Server: mail.iinet.net.au

Emails not going to bin Ventura 13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.