You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In general, how do I check for and remove malware on my 2020 13" MacBook?

How do I check for and remove any malware on my 2020 13" Macbook?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 6:32 PM

You should only run MalwareBytes which @Niel linked if you suspect you have a malware infection. There is absolutely no need to have this app running all the time. Anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software are not needed on a Mac. macOS already has good built-in security especially when the user practices safe computing habits. You may want to review this excellent article written by a respected forum contributor:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2023 6:32 PM in response to ladida-653

You should only run MalwareBytes which @Niel linked if you suspect you have a malware infection. There is absolutely no need to have this app running all the time. Anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software are not needed on a Mac. macOS already has good built-in security especially when the user practices safe computing habits. You may want to review this excellent article written by a respected forum contributor:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

In general, how do I check for and remove malware on my 2020 13" MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.