You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get GB to recognize external keyboard?

Hi

Re: Connecting Casio CT-S300 to Mac mini (bot Mar' 23) and record via GB.

I tried connecting 2 ways:

Headphone to headphone ports: GB/Mini not recognizing (Anyone know if Mac mini headphone port takes incoming audio?)

Casio USB to Mini USB ports: GB/Mini not recognizing

Any ideas?

royks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 10:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 1:30 PM

I don't think the headphone jack of the mini supports audio in, you would need an interface.

It is probably somewhere in what JJRASC linked to, but you can use Audio Midi Setup to make sure that you are communicating:

Set up MIDI devices using Audio MIDI Setup on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies

Sep 12, 2023 8:40 AM in response to royksjr

Hello royksjr,  

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.  

Please follow these instructions when setting up your keyboard with Garage Band: Connect a music keyboard to use with GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to follow the instructions that came with the keyboard, which may include installing the correct driver on your computer. Check the manufacturer’s website for the latest driver software.

Cheers!

Sep 16, 2023 6:43 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Hi

Thanks, guys. That link to using the Audio MIDI Setup was the tipping point. I'm set up for GB now.

Was curious: While GB and I are hooked up, when I used a couple stereo cables to connect to my Mac Mini from my Casiotone CT-S300, the keyboard doesn't show up in System Settings>Sound>Input.

Any idea why not, and/or how to rectify it?

Thanks again.

royks

How do I get GB to recognize external keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.