You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my data from my old phone to a new phone if my old phone was stolen

My old iphone was stolen today and I am in need of a new one, but have no way of accessing my old phone's information in order to transfer my data

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 4:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 4:43 PM

Your ONLY Option is to restore from a backup.

Fortunately, Apple’s automatic iCloud backup and iCloud sync are “on” by default. (hopefully you’ve not turned that feature off 🤞)

Assuming that it was automatically backing-up regularly, you’ll find that you’re in good shape.

Simply pick “restore from backup” when setting up your replacement phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2023 4:43 PM in response to taylor_heavey123

Your ONLY Option is to restore from a backup.

Fortunately, Apple’s automatic iCloud backup and iCloud sync are “on” by default. (hopefully you’ve not turned that feature off 🤞)

Assuming that it was automatically backing-up regularly, you’ll find that you’re in good shape.

Simply pick “restore from backup” when setting up your replacement phone.

How do I transfer my data from my old phone to a new phone if my old phone was stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.