You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stereo sound in iMovie

I shot a video in stereo with two wireless mics. Is it possible to edit the right and left channels in Imovie independently?

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 5:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 10:21 PM

I meant to say that the setting affects only the device and not the file itself. Sorry for the typo.

• Rich

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 27, 2023 8:55 PM in response to PatrickjosephKenny

No, iMovie does not have a feature for editing the right and left stereo channels independently. In the System Preferences/Sound you can set the device player sound balance between left and right channels, but that setting affects only the device, the file itself.

I believe that there are some audio editing apps out there that can edit channels independently. Regrettably, I am not familiar with any on them so cannot provide a recommendation.

-- Rich

Stereo sound in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.