You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replicating dates rightwards, How to

Numbers 13.2 (on Ventura, 13.6)

I know that I can replicate (the contents of) cells vertically by selecting - say - both A2 and A3 and dragging/extending downwards in the same column.

But (how) can I replicate horizontally/sideways-to-the-right with cells which are formatted in Numbers as dates?

I have tried selecting - say - A2 and B2 ("Friday October 20 2023" and "Saturday October 21 2023") and dragging/extending rightwards in an attempt to make C2 "Sunday October 22" and D2 "Monday October 23" etc.

That doesn't seem to work; anyone any ideas, please?

TIA!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 7:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 8:10 PM

Mark Sealey wrote:

But (how) can I replicate horizontally/sideways-to-the-right with cells which are formatted in Numbers as dates?

You should be able to select the two cells and drag the yellow dot on the right edge to the right, just as you can drag the yellow dot on the bottom edge down.

I tested dragging right and it works as expected (with dates).

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2023 8:10 PM in response to Mark Sealey

Mark Sealey wrote:

You should be able to select the two cells and drag the yellow dot on the right edge to the right, just as you can drag the yellow dot on the bottom edge down.

I tested dragging right and it works as expected (with dates).

SG

Oct 20, 2023 8:33 PM in response to SGIII

Thanks, SG; Yes it worked for me this time, in a new/blank sheet.

But not on the existing one with which I have been working where the need to do this prompted me to post here.

There must be something special about the way cells and dates are formatted there.

But thanks to your confirmation, all I have to do when I next want it is put dates in from scratch and have Numbers work as it is obviously supposed to :-)

Thanks again!

Replicating dates rightwards, How to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.