You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to pre-order Oppenheimer on iTunes movies for apple TV

I want to pre-order Oppenheimer on itunes movies for apple TV and I wonder what happens on release with the movie, if it either becomes a rental or if I own the movie, I mean why would you be able to pre-order a rental, sounds stupid so I just want to make sure I don’t make any mistakes.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 17

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 1:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 9:31 AM

I'm puzzled why Apple doesn't make it clear what you get for $19.99, compared to the DVD set that Amazon is selling right now for $29.99 (prev $49.98) which is 4K Ultra + Blu-ray + Digital 4K.

As mentioned, surely this wouldn't be a "rental" or have a limited-time viewing window - would it? What about the 3 hours extra content that comes with the DVD - will that be available to stream?

On my Apple TV, I clicked on the promo ad for the $19.99 and was immediately taken to the Order Confirmation screen with no additional information about the purchase other than if you want to cancel prior to the available date, you have to do it on a computer. So if you're not careful, two clicks and you ordered it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2023 9:31 AM in response to w.sundell

I'm puzzled why Apple doesn't make it clear what you get for $19.99, compared to the DVD set that Amazon is selling right now for $29.99 (prev $49.98) which is 4K Ultra + Blu-ray + Digital 4K.

As mentioned, surely this wouldn't be a "rental" or have a limited-time viewing window - would it? What about the 3 hours extra content that comes with the DVD - will that be available to stream?

On my Apple TV, I clicked on the promo ad for the $19.99 and was immediately taken to the Order Confirmation screen with no additional information about the purchase other than if you want to cancel prior to the available date, you have to do it on a computer. So if you're not careful, two clicks and you ordered it.

I want to pre-order Oppenheimer on iTunes movies for apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.