You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autocorrect changes words even after I deny suggestions

On both my MacBook and my iPhone (13), I frequently face an issue with autocorrect where it will suggest a correction or change to a word I typed, I will click the "x" on the pop-up to deny the change, and then when I hit space to type the following word - or sometimes after I've finished typing the following word - it will still make the suggested change anyway. In many cases, I have to fight with it and retype the original word several times over to get it to stop making the "correction" even after I deny the change over and over.

Has anyone else faced this issue, and do you know if there is a way to fix it without disabling autocorrect entirely?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 1:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2024 5:07 PM

Useless suggestion. It will still autocorrect after I do this.

Similar questions

2 replies

Autocorrect changes words even after I deny suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.