You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone text messages changed from blue to green

Usually iPhone the iPhone text messages are blue, I send it and it says sent as a text message and it’s green. Does that mean somehow they’ve been able to block me or they don’t want to talk or how does that work?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 10:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2024 5:10 PM

My text messages turned green and the person I was trying to text didn’t receive them

3 replies

Oct 30, 2023 11:16 PM in response to Askingaquestion123

skingaquestion123 Said:

"Text messaging: Usually iPhone the iPhone text messages are blue, I send it and it says sent as a text message and it’s green. Does that mean somehow they’ve been able to block me or they don’t want to talk or how does that work?"

-------

Deteming If a Message went Though:

No. All has been send and received. If there was an error, you'd receive this as a reply. If you are questioning if it went through, then note that your only way to tell is to ask the potential recipient if they received your reply message.

Oct 30, 2023 11:51 PM in response to Askingaquestion123

Green bubbles denote SMS/MMS messages – messages sent between (generic) cell phones, over the cell phone network. For these, you need a cellular signal, a plan that includes text messages, and, for MMS, cellular data.

Blue bubbles denote iMessages – messages sent between Apple devices, over the Internet. If your phone is not connected to the Internet, an iMessage send may time out. You'll see "Not delivered" and may get the option to resend the message as a SMS/MMS ("green") message.

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

iPhone text messages changed from blue to green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.