You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Gmail account in IOS mail on iphone 12

I'm trying to install my Gmail account on my iPhone 12pro and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what's preventing the addition of this account. I was able to add it to my iPad Pro without a hitch, but for some reason I can't seem too add the account completely to the iPhone. Its listed in my mail accounts but for some reason it is not getting _ANY_ mail and I have around 60 emails in the Gmail incoming mailbox showing on my iPad.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Dec 19, 2023 8:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 10:42 AM

whenevr I tap google for adding account it doesn’t show anything on the screen it’s not selecting google at all what do I do

10 replies

Jan 27, 2024 9:47 AM in response to BorsCuZeama

My mail servers no longer work on my iPhone. Np problem on iPad.

I deleted Google, but have been unable to add it back. I have an iPhone 12 with all of the latest updates.

I have restarted my phone several times.

Google app no longer connects to internet. I can get to internet using Firefox. Safari seems to want to go through Google, which doesn’t work

Dec 19, 2023 8:40 AM in response to LightningMike

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

You may have enabled two step verification on Google --> Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help

Dec 19, 2023 8:41 AM in response to LightningMike

It sounds like you're experiencing issues with setting up your Gmail account on your iPhone 12, even though it works fine on your iPad Pro. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue:

Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your iPhone 12 has a stable internet connection, as this is essential for syncing mail.

Verify Gmail Settings:

• Make sure that you are using the correct username and password for your Gmail account.
    • Check if two-factor authentication is enabled for your Gmail account. If so, you may need to use an app-specific password for the Mail app on your iPhone

Remove and Re-add the Gmail Account:

• Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts.
    • Select your Gmail account and tap on "Delete Account."
    • After deleting, re-add the Gmail account by going to Settings > Mail > Add Account > Google, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Check Mail Fetch Settings:

• Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data.
    • Ensure that the settings for your Gmail account are set to fetch data regularly or are set to "Push" if available.

Update iOS:

• Make sure your iPhone 12 Pro is running the latest version of iOS. To check, go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Check Mail Sync Settings in Gmail:

• Sometimes, the sync settings in the Gmail app itself might be restricting data flow. Open the Gmail app, go to Settings, and ensure that the sync settings are set to sync all mail.

Ensure Enough Storage Space:

• Lack of sufficient storage space on your iPhone can sometimes hinder the proper functioning of apps. Check if you have enough storage space available.

Restart Your iPhone:

• Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve unexpected glitches. Turn off your iPhone and then turn it back on.

Check for Gmail Server Issues:

• Rarely, the issue might be on the server-side. You can check Google's status dashboard online to see if there are any known issues with Gmail services.

Dec 19, 2023 9:27 AM in response to BorsCuZeama

Thank You! I deleted the gmail and then reinstalled as you suggested. Looks like its working fine now! I had tried powering off and then restarting but that didn't work. It was confusing because my Comcast emails were all coming through just fine. I'm going to be moving to an area where Comcast is not available as a local ISP so I'm slowly trying to move everything into my Gmail account.

Thanks again for the help!-Mike

Can't install Gmail account in IOS mail on iphone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.