You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to copy PDF file on iPhone 15

Now, when I try to export a File it says “the file doesn’t exist… the file “****.pdf” couldn’t be copied because it either doesn’t exist or the folder it is being copied to doesn’t exist” when sharing song using “save to files”.

Normally I save files to iCloud, but I also have tried saving to a folder in the iPad. Same error so there must be something wrong with the new iPhone.

I have been using iPhone and saving pdf file to files for years with no trouble, so this is a brand new problem.

Please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 1:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2024 10:05 AM

issue fix

go to notes app

scan a document

then while saving this pdf to ‘save to files’

a new window with name as icloud drive will open with save option on top right corner and browse on top left corner

Click on browse and scroll down below to click on downloads and open that folder

dont click save yet. Again click on browse on top left and go back to icloud drive folder.

now if you save it should work. This is what i did to fix this issue.

if the above doesnt work uninstall files app and redownload and try the same steps above

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2024 10:05 AM in response to User87laoaj

issue fix

go to notes app

scan a document

then while saving this pdf to ‘save to files’

a new window with name as icloud drive will open with save option on top right corner and browse on top left corner

Click on browse and scroll down below to click on downloads and open that folder

dont click save yet. Again click on browse on top left and go back to icloud drive folder.

now if you save it should work. This is what i did to fix this issue.

if the above doesnt work uninstall files app and redownload and try the same steps above

May 5, 2024 6:53 AM in response to Joegading22

I solved this issue!, and it’s only due to the fact that you have to go to files and create a file first!!

Go to files

Name the file such as “Resumé”

•Then when you try to “send a copy” or “save to files”

•go to “on my iPhone” (in the app files)

• You will then see that file that you named!

and be able to save right away!

Also this is way easier because there is a capacity limit on every iPhone and where I have the 14pro max!

I think this can happen to anyone just get used to Naming a file first because it is then way easier to just delete a file when you’re saving documents

Unable to copy PDF file on iPhone 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.