You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Usernames autofill but passwords don't

I have all my passwords saved on chrome password manager. When I'm signing in to an app on my iphone there has always been an option to autofill with the username and password from chrome. That option is still there but now when I select that option it only adds the username and not the password. I've gone to Settings-Passwords-Password Options and everything looks normal there ("autofill passwords and passkeys" is selected and "chrome" is selected). On the Chrome app on my iphone I've gone to password settings and the "passwords in other apps" is selected to On.

When I try to logon I can still autofill the username but not the password anymore.

Thanks for helping.

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 3, 2024 3:02 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 4, 2024 12:47 AM in response to kevinbasket

Upon activating autofill for a specific password manager, iOS grants exclusive access to that manager for autofilling credentials in both apps and websites. This scenario might trigger situations where two password managers attempt to autofill the same field, resulting in unpredictable behavior or potential vulnerabilities.

See the pic below, probably you mean this as shown in the pic below

Usernames autofill but passwords don't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.