You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

my Iphone X is not supporting UPI apps

few days back i have upgraded my device from iphone 8 plus to iphone X, Phonepe n Google pay worked on Iphone 8 plus model, but now Complete Iphone X not supporting any UPI.... Any Solution for it..

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 4, 2024 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2024 12:02 AM

yes, Apple should do something for their valuable customer. provide an update for iPhone X and other users or you are forcing customers to buy new phone.

44 replies

Aug 31, 2024 10:53 PM in response to Rajender1991

I am facing the same but i got a solution and its working fine if u remember whatsapp also supports payments just go to whatsaap setting then payments and link you bank acc but the only issue is u can send and receive money there us no other option like recharge and dth recharge but for reacharges i use my sim provider app my jio app but its good for normal daily transactions its got scan and pay it even got its own upi id i hope it help you out

Aug 3, 2024 11:05 AM in response to rforaju

Well next year, it's possible UPI may require an iPhone which can run iOS 18. We do know that iPhone XR will be compatible with iOS 18. So you'd be good for at least one year. But after 2025, I would be very surprised if iPhone XR gets any more major updates. We are NOT Apple on this user to user only forum, so we cannot tell you how long. And keep in mind it is NOT Apple who is requiring iOS 17 for UPI. It is the app developer who is requiring iOS 17, which has absolutely nothing to do with Apple. If you want to be prepared for future iOS updates to keep your UPI app running for more years, you should likely be looking at much newer, more modern iPhones.

Sep 9, 2024 8:48 AM in response to deva217

NCPI (National Payment Corporation of India) – the developer of UPI (Unified Payments Interface) – is apparently the one calling the shots.

NCPI – Roles & Responsibilities

"TPAP is responsible to comply with all the requirements prescribed by PSP Bank and NPCI in relation to TPAP’s participation in UPI"

If I'm not mistaken, TPAP stands for Third Party App Provider. NCPI and the Banks say "Jump!", and the UPI app providers say "How high?" Then UPI app providers say "Jump!", and you say "How high?" If you refuse to jump (e.g., you insist on using an iPhone that is too old to update to iOS 17), the result is that you don't get to use UPI.

If you don't like it, complain to NCPI and the Banks.

Aug 3, 2024 10:56 AM in response to KiltedTim

Dear KiltedTim,

What you mean to say is that we should change old devices ok then i took iphone XR who run IOS 17 so next year the software update will stop in iphone XR in 2025 then again UPI will stop working then we were fooled again right. I have a simple question. Please tell me how many years can UPI apps run on iPhone XR?

my Iphone X is not supporting UPI apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.