You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The problem with playing Apple Music in Ukraine

Hello friends!

I am in Kyiv, Ukraine; I have an iPhone, iMac, and Macbook Pro and on each of the devices, I have a problem with playing music through the service. The problem is not related to the Internet and its speed - the tracks just download very slowly, as if I do not have a gigabit LAN or LTE, but some edge. The only option that helps is downloading a library, but then I can't listen to streams or other music that isn't in my library.

Problem:

- music does not load or loads very slowly

- it is impossible to listen to music due to constant pauses because the tracks are loading

- the problem is valid on all devices

Tell me how it can be done?

MacBook Pro (M3 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Jul 22, 2024 10:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2024 3:24 AM

I’m experiencing same problems with Apple Music for about a month. The only solution is to turn on some US VPN so I completely switched to my favorite Spotify.

At least Apple TV works properly, for now…

10 replies

Jul 22, 2024 11:14 PM in response to serhiy_yevtieiev

serhiy_yevtieiev Said:

"The problem with playing Apple Music in Ukraine: Problem: - music does not load or loads very slowly - it is impossible to listen to music due to constant pauses because the tracks are loading - the problem is valid on all devices Tell me how it can be done?"

-------

Troubleshooting Lagging Wifi on an iPhone:

If iPhone download and network activity is slow, then here are some things to consider...

A. Disable a VPN:

Are you using a VPN? If so, disable it.

B. Clear Space:

System resources may be swollen up. So, clear space. See my two User Tips:

C. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

D. Force Close All Apps:

An app may not be responding. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down on the Bottom-left corner. As you swipe to the top-left corner, the apps will pop up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for all apps.

E. Clear Space:

Caches may have intensely uploaded. So, clear them.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

Jul 23, 2024 10:07 PM in response to Hena1902

Hena1902 Said:

"Our entire family Apple Music subscription has the same issue!: it is very annoying and does not allow to listen to music normally"

-------

To the OP and All Participants...

Troubleshooting iPhone Slowness in Ukraine:

Report this to Apple:

The seems to be catching on. So, get the work out to Apple. It may be a bug. Question is: "Just how many people have actually reported it to Apple?"

So, do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of your occurrences, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this all began, and how you've troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Jul 24, 2024 2:08 AM in response to VitaliiSumlennyi

These template responses never help. I've had the same problem for almost a month now (I am from Ukraine as well). Only the Music app on macOS works very slowly. The web version and the mobile app work without any issues

———-

Investigate this:

Something’s up with the service, or there is just not enough bandwidth. So, report it Apple. If you’re not up for that, then chat with an Apple Rep. Perhaps they have an upfront answer.

To Chatting with Apple Support:

Open a New Case, and select a relevant topic that will get you the option to chat. If need be, perform a screensharing session with an Apple Rep, seen where that gets you.

Chatting with Apple:

1. Go to: https://getsupport.apple.com/topics
  2. Select: a topic
  3. Select: Chat to Appel Support

Jul 30, 2024 8:59 AM in response to sergeydorosh

I’m experiencing same problems with Apple Music for about a month. The only solution is to turn on some US VPN so I completely switched to my favorite Spotify.

Excellent job troubleshooting!

At least Apple TV works properly, for now…

Report this as a Bug Fix to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of your findings, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple Music - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on your fix and how you can across it. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Aug 3, 2024 1:10 PM in response to serhiy_yevtieiev

So for me it works the next way: on wifi it doesnt play properly, can start stream eventually, but not in lossless/hi-res. On cellular it plays perfectly well. In safe mode it plays perfectly well. Over wired network connection it plays but only lossy. Reauthorizing computer, suggestion from apple aupport, helped but not for long. Music started the streaming, but after a couple of songs issue came back. I experienced some time when music played well over wifi, but then it broke again. All software is updated to latest and greatest versions. Nice catch if this could be country related, but why then it plays in safe mode and over cellular?:) Try my workarounds, will it work for you? Im going to raise this issue futher to apple.

The problem with playing Apple Music in Ukraine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.