You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Move music from iPod touch to iPhone 15

I have non-purchased music on my iPod touch v6 that I want to transfer or move to my iPhone 15. I don’t have a computer. Is there a way to accomplish this?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 11:48 AM

3 replies

Oct 1, 2024 3:42 AM in response to jmkk

jmkk wrote:

I have non-purchased music on my iPod touch v6 that I want to transfer or move to my iPhone 15. I don’t have a computer. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Not directly, no.

I'm not sure what you mean by "non-purchased", but you might be able to use the same source for the music as you did originally. For example:

• if you bought the music from an online retailer such as Amazon or Bandcamp, use the phone to go the account that purchased it and download the music from your account directly to the phone
    • if you were given the music for free (i.e. by the original artist, so it really was non-purchased), go back to that source to see whether you can download it again
    • if the music was originally from CDs, that's more difficult. You would need to re-copy from the CDs to create a digital copy and then find a way to add them to your phone (without iTunes etc. since you have no computer). I'm not sure how that would be achieved. Alternatively, buy the music again, but this time in digital format and directly on your phone

Move music from iPod touch to iPhone 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.