You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

No response and weird syncing on Home app across devices

I recently moved house, and am now trying to set up my old domotica setup. As of now, it consists of 1 HomePod mini as my hub, and 4 Eve Energy Matters. The rest will come later, or it was supposed to.

When adding the Eve plugs to Home, I scan the provided Matter QR code with my iPhone 15 pro, all the while keeping Home open on both my iPad Pro and my iMac. All have been updated to their respective latest OS version - iOS 18.1, iPadOS 18.1 and MacOS 15.

When adding, however, they immediately sync across all 3 devices, but on my iPad and iMac they show up as "not responding", while it's perfectly fine on the iPhone. Note that all my settings are identical across devices, including iCloud and wifi (I have both 2.4 and 5gHz, with the HomePod only able to access the 2.4, and my devices temporarily set to 2.4 as well to avoid issues). I have no VPN active.

After a couple minutes, the Eve plugs also go "non responsive" on the iPhone. Nothing has changed on the iPad or iMac. Sometimes I can still turn them on or off on the iPhone, even when "unresponsive", but ONLY in the Home Widget on my Home Screen.

I have tried:

1. resetting the plugs.
  2. resetting the HomePod.
  3. resetting the iPhone, iPad and iMac.
  4. resetting the router.
  5. keeping anything from accessing the 5gHz band so everything stays nice and stable on 2.4.
  6. resetting everything all at once.
  7. deleting the Home app entirely and reinstalling.
  8. factory resetting the whole shebang.
  9. disabling and re-enabling iCloud settings.
  10. moving accessories to different rooms.

You name it, I tried it.

Is there any solution to this, or am I stuck with a bunch of useless smart devices?

Note that everything worked swimmingly in the old house, on the exact same system.

HomePod mini

Posted on Oct 3, 2024 11:39 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2024 8:32 PM in response to timvanderende

You’ve certainly done some extensive troubleshooting. Some people find turning off Private wifi Address helps with some HomeKit issues. I didn’t personally find it worked for me . I keep mine on - fixed. Up to you if you want to give it a try: Use private Wi-Fi addresses on Apple devices - Apple Support

I can’t think of much else except to review a few things you might not have done in their entirety (it wasn’t clear)

• You Reset the Router, as in you modified settings to it online? Or you actually unplugged it out of the wall to Reboot it? Do the latter if you didn’t do this. This clears any glitches on the line.
  • Again with you resetting the plugs, did you unplug them from the outlet (at least 10 seconds) then plug back in or try other outlets? As it sounds like you made an electrical connection and then it was just lost (unresponsive)
  • Restart your iPhone - I think you did this? I like to restart my devices after installing an update. Do this on all three you mentioned and restart the HomePod by unplugging for 10 seconds
  • Reset Network Settings on iPhone and iPad - in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin your Network after it restarts

No response and weird syncing on Home app across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.