You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music- I only see my Library

I have an old iMac. Running Catalina 10.15.7. I have a subscription to Apple Music. In Apple Music, cannot see anything other than my library. This computer is authorized, and I am signed in to Apple. Seen some old threads on this topic, but no solutions. Anyone have an idea what is happening?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 10:16 AM

6 replies

Oct 7, 2024 6:47 AM in response to darwynfromvictoria

Any unhidden, undownloaded content will normally be shown in your library allowing you to stream or download on demand. If you see the word Purchased against an item you own in the iTunes Store that indicates a hidden purchase. If needs be see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support to unhide any hidden content and Redownload music - Apple Support to download it to local storage.

Alternatively see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community to reclaim content that is on your device but not in your library.

tt2

Oct 7, 2024 10:17 AM in response to darwynfromvictoria

Thank you for your help. I found the solution. I ended up calling Apple Support and they were fantastic. But they also cheated... using screen share. 😜

Under the menu... Music>Preferences>Restrictions there was a check at Disable:Apple Music. Once I unchecked that box, everything started working.

Hope this helps someone with a similar problem

Apple Music- I only see my Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.