You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to fix distorted sound in Sony WFC 500 earbuds

Hi guys so I am using Sony WFC 500 earbuds which were working perfectly fine until now when I noticed that sound coming from my right earbud was distorted and low volume. I did intense digging and found that my bud is using AAC due to which the problems arose. I went to Sony help page and it said that apple products use AAC and if the connected device supports a codec of higher sound quality than SBC, then I may need to set the device beforehand to enjoy music with the desired codec from the supported codecs.(https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wfc500/v1/en/contents/TP1000447722.html)

I am unable to select the audio codec back to SBC which I presume was being used by my earbuds earlier. I can't even find any audio setting in my Iphone that would be helpful in this case.

Any help will be appreciated

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 8:55 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

How to fix distorted sound in Sony WFC 500 earbuds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.