You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Information showing Applications that are not in Applications folder

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro that is a transfer from an old Mac via Migration Assistant, which in turn was a transfer via Migration Assistant.

On the latest Mac I'm getting a few programs in System Information > Applications that are not in the Applications folder. These may be remnants from the old transfers, but my main question is how to delete them?

I presume there must be some files on the system somewhere, but where?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 3:05 AM

Select each application and the bottom pane will tell you the exact location.

Note that many of the applications you see in System Information are utilities that come as part of the OS and should not be tampered with. These will have locations under /System/Library/CoreServices, or other locations under /System, like this one:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2019 3:05 AM in response to SteveGistaken

Select each application and the bottom pane will tell you the exact location.

Note that many of the applications you see in System Information are utilities that come as part of the OS and should not be tampered with. These will have locations under /System/Library/CoreServices, or other locations under /System, like this one:

System Information showing Applications that are not in Applications folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.