You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to Wipe Clean my old Mac so that my Granddaughter can use it.

Now that I have a new MAC, I would like to let my granddaughter have my old MAC. But, first, I think that I need to wipe clean the computer so that she has a clean machine to start with. What is the best way to do this? I am not sure if I have any of the original disks that might have come with the older MAC.

Dave

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 21, 2019 6:13 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2019 7:10 AM in response to paramedic228

Have a look at this article, How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support It will guide you through how to wipe your Mac and re install a macOS, read it carefully, twice. It mentions you can do this using a WiFi connection which is true, but connecting via ethernet to your router provides a faster and more robust connection. It might also be advantageous if you do not use the router for any other traffic whilst downloading the OS.

Want to Wipe Clean my old Mac so that my Granddaughter can use it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.