You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting OS on mac

I was trying to reset my macbook air. I followed the process of erasing Macintosh HD partition and it was successful and unknowingly I restarted Mac. After this I am getting Internet recovery process but the spinning globe is not going away and the timer is stuck on 24:00. I waited for more than 30mins for the process but no change. I just erased the content in the partition. Now I am stick. How can I get the os back?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2019 12:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 12:47 AM

For Internet Recovery Mode your MacBook Air needs to connect to a Wi-Fi network. It may have even tried to connect to the wrong Wi-Fi. Here is what I would do:

1. Restart your Wi-Fi router.
  2. Try again to launch Internet Recovery.
  3. Make sure you choose the correct Wi-Fi network.
  4. If this still doesn't work, try using a different Wi-Fi network at another location.
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2019 12:47 AM in response to chandrakant114

For Internet Recovery Mode your MacBook Air needs to connect to a Wi-Fi network. It may have even tried to connect to the wrong Wi-Fi. Here is what I would do:

1. Restart your Wi-Fi router.
  2. Try again to launch Internet Recovery.
  3. Make sure you choose the correct Wi-Fi network.
  4. If this still doesn't work, try using a different Wi-Fi network at another location.

May 27, 2019 2:08 AM in response to chandrakant114

It should fluctuate for maybe 2 or 3 minutes.

On an average Internet connection it should only take about 5-15 minutes to load with steady progress.

On a very slow Internet connection it should not take more than about 30 minutes with steady progress.

Anything longer than that, there is a problem and it probably is not going to work (it will probably never load). For example, if you are on a connection behind a Proxy server or strict firewall, that would be a problem and you would want to try another Internet connection.

Resetting OS on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.