You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi download speed slow

Speedtest shows download speed of 0.9 mbps but upload over 42mbps. on same wifi have checked 2 x iphones and 1 x laptop all show download speed in excess of 42mbps. Have switched off all apps automatic upgrades etc and restareted ipad but does not improve. IOS is up to date.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on May 29, 2019 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 7:14 AM

Hey, smbapple.

I see that your iPad isn't getting the best Wi-Fi signal from your home network. Good job on the troubleshooting you've used, and I'm happy to help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network -- Even though your iPad is connecting, it's not connecting as well as your other devices. This article provides the information and steps that you need.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points -- If you manage your Wi-Fi network, make sure the router is set up correctly.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference -- You could also be facing interference in your home.

If the steps above haven't resolved the issue, how is the download speed when your iPad is connected with a different Wi-Fi network?

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2019 7:14 AM in response to smbapple

Hey, smbapple.

I see that your iPad isn't getting the best Wi-Fi signal from your home network. Good job on the troubleshooting you've used, and I'm happy to help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network -- Even though your iPad is connecting, it's not connecting as well as your other devices. This article provides the information and steps that you need.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points -- If you manage your Wi-Fi network, make sure the router is set up correctly.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference -- You could also be facing interference in your home.

If the steps above haven't resolved the issue, how is the download speed when your iPad is connected with a different Wi-Fi network?

Take care.

wifi download speed slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.